On April 21st, 2022 religious leaders gathered at the Colorado State Capital to celebrate Religious Freedom. Governor Polis was in attendance and shared his own family’s story which included the desire to come to the United States to practice his faith without consequence.
One of the best things about the state of Colorado is our diversity of perspectives,” Polis said. “It’s a principle our country was founded on.
The entirety of the event was broadcast on Zoom as well for those who were unable to attend live and the recording of that broadcast is available below. Colorado Public Radio (CPR) published a short report on the event which can be found here.
Speakers at the event included:
- Elder Frederick K. Balli of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Pastor Charles Gilford, Director of Regional Affairs, City & County of Denver
- Rabbi Caryn Aviv – Director, Judaism Your Way
- Jeff Hunt – Director, Centennial Institute
- Jared Polis – Colorado State Governor
- Steve Collis – Religious Liberty Specialist and First Amendment Attorney